Rental Terms | Key West Florida Rental Houses
- Winter rates apply from approximately December 15 – April 30.
- Shoulder rates apply from approximately May 1 – May 30 and November 1 – December 14.
- Summer rates apply from approximately June 1st to October 22.
- Please keep in mind that rental rates during any holiday or special event will incur a rate increase.
- Rates may be available for less than weekly stays. Please contact us for this information.
- A $40.00 non-refundable reservation fee is due with the initial payment.
- Care is taken in obtaining and publishing all advertisements and all information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
- A departure cleaning fee is required for each reservation.
- All rental rates subject to 7.5% sales tax and 5% bed tax.
- We can only reserve properties 364 days in advance.
- Rates, description and availability are subject to change without notice.
- Initial payment of 50% is due within THREE (3) days of booking.
- Final payment is due 60 days prior to arrival.
- For bookings made within 60 days of arrival, full payment is due within THREE (3) days of booking.
- If final payment is not received when it is due, your reservation will be canceled and you will be refunded your initial payment less the cancellation fee.
- We accept personal or business checks, Visa and MasterCard.
- $35.00 fee for returned checks.
SECURITY DEPOSIT or DAMAGE WAIVER
- Security Deposit – $500.00 security damage deposit is required with your final payment; we accept cashiers checks, money orders or cash.
- Security deposit will be refunded 45 days after departure, provided all rental conditions are met, including: property left reasonably clean and without damage, no excessive laundry left, garbage disposed of properly in outdoor container and furniture left in original location.
- Damage Waiver – If you would like to waive the security deposit, you can choose the non-refundable limited damage waiver.
- Under this waiver, you will not be held responsible to pay for accidental damage or loss to the rental property resulting from you or others in your party up to $500.00.
- Our office MUST be notified of damage or loss during your stay or the waiver is void.
- The waiver does not cover: intentional acts of a guest, gross negligence or willful and wanton conduct, and/or damages caused by pets.
- Damage waiver is not available to guests bringing pets, stays longer than 21 days and reservations during Fantasy Fest or Yachting Race Week.
Cancellations made 61-90 days prior to arrival date, the guest is entitled to a full refund less a $150.00 cancellation fee.
Cancellations made 60 days of arrival are non-refundable.
For reservations of 21 days or longer, Yachting Race Week and Fantasy Fest:
- Cancellations 90 days prior to arrival date, the guest is entitled to a full refund less 10% of the rental amount
- Cancellations made 61 -90 days prior to arrival date cancellation fee will be 20% of the rental amount
- Cancellations made 60 days of arrival are non-refundable
In order to receive a refund of a reservation cancelled 60 days of arrival guest must have purchased trip insurance and qualify for a refund according to the guidelines and policies of the insurance company.
The change of an arrival date on a confirmed reservation will fall under the same policy as a reservation cancellation. Additionally, the shortening of a stay on a confirmed reservation 60 days of arrival or during the reservation period will not be refundable.
All cancellations must be in writing and acknowledged by At Home In Key West, Inc
TRIP INTERRUPTION INSURANCE
- RedSky Suntrip Preserver Travel Insurance is offered with each reservation. This is a comprehensive cancellation and interruption policy and insures your rental investment in the event of a cancellation due to a sudden emergency or inclement weather including hurricanes before or during your trip at an coverage cost of 7.65% of your invoice total.
- NO refunds are offered in the event of inclement weather. If an evacuation is called during or just prior to a guest’s arrival, all refunds will be subject to the Trip Insurance approval. If you have not purchased Trip Interruption Insurance there will be no refund.
- If an evacuation is called during a guest’s stay it is required by this agreement that the guest vacate the property as per instruction by the management company. If a guest chooses to stay in a property during a hurricane threat or aftermath they do so at their own risk and at their expense.
- Once any storm threat passes or a storm has occurred and after evacuation notices have been lifted, At Home In Key West must be given an opportunity to open their offices, have all utilities functioning and be able to service a guest’s needs prior to allowing a guest into any property. Further, if a guest is given occupancy of the reserved property they acknowledge that the property will be “as is” and that all amenities (pool, Jacuzzi, outdoor areas, BBQ, etc) may not be available or in clean usable condition for up to a full week after storm has passed. If reserved property is damaged in the storm, At Home In Key West may, but is not required to, offer other accommodations.
- Guests agree to return all keys to agent or will be subject to a $200.00 lost key fee and charged to the credit card provided.
- If a guest loses their key during their stay there will be a $25.00 key delivery fee.
- Some properties require a refundable key deposit of up to $200.
- Check-in time is 4:00 p.m.
- Please remember to bring the Check-In Procedure with you; this form gives you directions to our office and information on where to pick up your keys.
- DO NOT count on an early check-in. We must give the housekeeping and maintenance staff adequate time to properly prepare each property.
- Check-out time is 10:00 a.m.
- Late check out must be approved. Late check outs not approved and reported by housekeeping MAY be charged an additional full day of the rental.
- Please contact us the day before your check out to let us know your departure time.
- Any guest requesting the return of forgotten belongings will be charged an administrative fee of $25.00 in addition to the cost of the postage to return the items.
POOL AND SPA DISCLAIMER
- Guest agrees to assume sole responsibility for the safe and proper usage of swimming pool or hot tub by all occupants and visitors.
- Guest is at no time to turn on pool heat or pool chillers.
- Damage to these items will be the responsibility of the guest.
- Proper swimming attire is required at all times.
- ALL of our properties are smoke free.
- Unless approved by AHKW, NO PETS are allowed in the property.
- Reports of unauthorized pets may result in the termination of the reservation agreement with no refund.
- Unless specifically noted no parking is included in the reservation. Key West is a small island and parking is limited.
- If you have special parking requirements such as a camper, any type of trailer, wave runner, etc. you must make prior arrangements.
- Special parking requirements may include oversized vehicles, such as, some models of SUV and pick-up trucks.
- All additional arrangements are the guest’s responsibility.
- Do not have personal mail, United Parcel Post or Fed Ex packages sent to the property as most owners have a forwarding order in effect and your mail will be forwarded to them.
- You may have mail or packages sent to our office during your stay. Mail or packages that arrive after your departure will be sent to your address on record. You will be charged postage & handling to your credit card on record.
- Guests assume all responsibility for behavior of self and their guests and agree to abide by all rules and regulations of the condominium or development.
- The total number of persons allowed in the property at any time is restricted to the stated limit for each property. You will find maximum occupancy on the first page of your reservation agreement. This limit includes all persons of any age occupying the property, regardless of available bedding.
- Eviction without refund is the penalty for guests that do not abide by the rules, regulations or restrictions.
- Should guests behavior necessitate eviction (including a complaint of noise or any other violation set forth by the County of Monroe in the City of Key West, or any applicable condominium or homeowner’s association rules and regulations) all prepaid rental fees and deposits shall be considered earned.
- No occupants under the age of 25 are allowed unless accompanied by parent or legal guardian. If it is discovered that guests are under 25 you will be denied occupancy and no refund will be given. This policy is not negotiable.
- Guests are responsible for the completion and timely return of any required rental forms, payments, including but not limited to rental agreement, security deposit forms, check in procedure forms and any required lease approval forms.
STANDARD HOME FURNISHINGS AND EQUIPMENT
- All properties are furnished with the amenities of home; however, some consumable items may need to be replenished by guests during their stay; ie, toilet paper, paper towels, dish washing liquid, and laundry detergent.
- All properties are individually owned and decorated and vary according to the owner’s taste.
- AT HOME IN KEY WEST agrees to provide clean, comfortable accommodations for guests as described in our brochure, print and Internet advertising.
- In the event of circumstances beyond our control, we reserve the right to substitute comparable accommodations, if available.
- Our maintenance and housekeeping staff are here to make sure your vacation home is in the best condition that it can be. If you should discover otherwise, please report it to us immediately and we will correct it as quickly as possible.
- Due to our remote location no guarantees of repairs will be made and no refunds will be given for malfunctioning equipment or loss of public utility.
- No refunds will be given for acts of God, government, weather, tidal action or beach or road closings.
- At Home In Key West, Inc. and/or an authorized employee or repairman may enter the premises during normal business hours for any purpose pertaining to repair, improvement, inspections, showings and management of the property.
- If a guest defaults in the performance of any obligations contained herein and a suit of law is brought against guest or persons accompanying guest, At Home In Key West shall be entitled to recover all costs and expenses, including court costs and reasonable attorney’s fees.We reserve the right at any time to correct any errors in pricing or descriptions. Property and service prices and descriptions are subject to change without notice.